How many Xenoestrogens have you absorbed today?
Cadmium is a hard metal which is found lurking in vegetables, water, tobacco, prawns, kidneys, liver, cereal and more. Cadmium mimmicks eastrogen in your body and may increase your risk of endometrial cancers. Read more of the scientific research I have collated to inform you of the risks and also how you can reduce cadmium in your life!
Titanium dioxide (titanium(IV) oxide, titania) is one of several natural xenoestrogens found in the earth. It is used for making products whiter and amazingly is considered safe. Most research believes that Titanium dioxide is not a hormone disruptor, but other research does paints a different picture.
Stress is really bad for us because our brains make more cortisol which mimics oestrogen and excess oestrogen raises the risk of endometrial cancers which means that cortisol is a xenoestrogen. Cortisol naturally increases with age in both men and women.
Red food dye
Phenosulfothiazine a xenoestrogen. It is a red dye which is linked to reproductive cancers and infertility.Phenosulfothiazine is found in certain brands of barbeque sauce, duritos, ginger ale, hot dogs. Phenosulfothiazine is made of petroleum, as are a number of womb danger paraffin products.
What's in BPA free plastic?
So you thought BPA free plastic was safe. Think again. BPA is often replaced with BPF, BPS and BPAF. All of which altered chromosomes in the mice that were tested. The chromosome changes can also be passed down to the next generation! Use glass, stainless steel, porcelain instead!
Parabens and Phthalates
Parabens and Phthalates are xenoestrogens and dangerous for our wombs. Some parabens and phthalates are heavily disguised in ingredients, so use websites like ewg.org and endocrinedisruptor.org to check your ingredients. I’ve listed as many as I physically have time for!
How to reduce Cadmium in your body
- Filter your tap water! I use a Zero Water Filter. This filter comes with a water tester. I was surprised how polluted the water was in Worthing – it was 298 out of 500 before filtering it – and yes, the filter really does get it down to zero. BUT the filters only last for one month and the water tastes disgusting and is undrinkable once the filter is gone. Read more about my experience with Zero Water Filter here.
- Reduce consumption of prawns, crab meat, cereals, potatoes, liver, nuts, pulses, kidney – These foods are higher in cadmium. The European Commission says: “human exposure to cadmium have indicated an increased risk of cancer such as in the lung, endometrium, bladder, and breast.”
- Brazil nuts because they contain oodles of selenium which counteracts xenoestrogens and is said to be effective in reducing prostate and breast cancer.
Cadmium and endometrial cancer
What is cadmium?
When my biopsy revealed that my endometrial thickening was being fed with excess oestrogen I researched this and found that xenoestrogens including cadmium mimicked real oestrogen and can cause hormonal havoc. Cadmium is a toxic metal found in the earth! It is round in fruit and vegetables (from the soil) and drinking water! that mimics estrogen in the body.
Also smoking is a huge source of cadmium. It is also found in liver, kidneys and prawns.
As previously stated, I am not a doctor or a scientist, and have therefore listed the source links below my research so you can read for yourself.
Source links to cadmium research
- Cadmium may raise risk of endometrial cancer (Medical News Today)
- Cadmium in Food (European Commission)
- The Role of Selenium in Arsenic and Cadmium Toxicity: an Updated (PubMed.gov)
- Is your home sitting on Cadmium? Check out this interactive map from the British Geological Society. You can zoom right into your house. Select ‘cadmium’ from the Current Element drop down.