It’s National Brew Day and National Blues Day all on one day.
On Brew Monday encourages everyone to reach out to people who might be feeling lonely. This links well with Blue Monday. The third Monday of January has been awarded the gloomy title due to a combination of post-Christmas blues, cold dark nights and the arrival of unpaid credit card bills.
I was always told to drink a cuppa to beat the blues. On my journey of discovery to maintain a healthy womb, I have been trialling some organic teas.
My five tips for womb-healthy tea:
- Keep it organic: I’m a fan of peppermint tea and I’ve discovered two organic peppermint teas which from Valley of the Teas. I love these tealeaves because they are huge and the tea feels more organic. Also it is much sweeter.
- Filter your water: I have to say that since filtering my water with Zero water filter, the tea tastes much better as well as getting rid of heavy metals like cadmium. Also you can enjoy a cuppa without any nasty scum floating on the top of your tea.
- Quit bags for tealeaves: Did you know that most teabags contain plastic? And plastic is bad news when you are tipping boiling hot water on it.
- Treat yourself to a teapot: I’ve got this fab teapot for one from Ikea. I love it because it means my leaves carry on brewing while I’m still enjoying my first cuppa. This is what I call innovation.
- Take five: How often to you get away from your PC and relax when you have your cuppa? I now have at least one cuppa away from my desk, once a day.
I am a fan of p